A bright and beautiful smile is an asset worth protecting. It can boost your self-confidence and help you in career growth. It is something every person strives for. The teeth lose brightness because of poor oral hygiene, food habits, oral health problems and other health issues. A dentist can improve the brightness of teeth through tooth whitening procedure. It is quick, effective and one of the most widely used cosmetic dentistry procedures. Though there are many over-the-counter products available for whitening, our in-office Iveri whitening process is safe and highly recommended for good results. If you are unhappy with the color of your teeth, make an appointment and speak to our dentist. Our Iveri whitening solution has helped patients of Hamden, North Haven, Cheshire, Wallingford CT and surrounding communities spread brighter smiles in the community.
How do Teeth Stain?
In Fact, There can be several causes to get discolored teeth it may due to high consumption of acidic foods, beverages, and other unhealthy foods. This makes the teeth get discolored and leads to other oral health issues in future.
Since whitening treatments are very quick, effective and inexpensive solution to removed discolored teeth with one of the methods present in cosmetic dental procedures. The whitening treatment can be extended to 2-3 dental visits due to the condition of the teeth.
The staining can be broadly classified into intrinsic and extrinsic staining. Extrinsic staining is surface staining where the pigments of dark colored foods occupy the porous enamel layer to mask its natural color. Intrinsic staining occurs within the tooth and the cause can be a use of certain types of medicines. Following are some of the foods and habits that can discolor teeth.
- Smoking or use of other tobacco products
- Consumption of dark colored fluids such as tea, wine, coffee and beverages
- Teeth may look dull and discolored due to aging
- Improper or poor oral hygiene
- It may due to other oral health issues such as gum disease, tooth decay, and mouth sores.
- Prescription drugs or medication can also cause tooth discoloration
- Tooth Enamel erosion is also a major factor of discolored teeth
Iveri Teeth whitening – How it is done and how effective is it?
There are several factors that can affect the level of brightness achieved from Iveri teeth whitening. The thickness of the enamel layer, oral health, and habits of the patient can dictate the level of brightness achieved and duration it can last for.
During your first visit, our dentist checks your teeth and gums. Problems like tooth decay should be treated before performing Iveri tooth whitening. Pictures of teeth are taken and a shade scale is used to measure the brightness of teeth. Iveri teeth whitening gel has hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. Our dentist applies protective Vitamin E oil over gums. The tray with whitening gel is placed over teeth and LED is shined over the teeth to accelerate the oxidation process. The whitening gel reacts with the staining elements to clear them. The treatment takes about 20 minutes after which patients can walk out of the office with a bright smile.
What are the Benefits using Iveri Whitening treatment? Is it safe to use?
Some of the benefits of using Iveri whitening treatment are:
- It is a non-invasive cosmetic dental treatment
- Very quick teeth whitening results
- Powerful and effective solution
- 3 step process for white teeth
- Professional whitening treatment
Iveri whitening treatment is a 3 step process and safe to use. The process is very simple, it requires a whitening gel (carbamide peroxide of 23%) and two mouth rays that fit your mouth. The dentist places the gel on your teeth as many times required to brighten your teeth. In extreme discolored teeth condition, you need to make 2-3 dental visits for effective results.
How long whitening treatment lasts? Is it permanent?
The average whitening teeth can last around 2 – 3 years if taken good oral care. Since teeth whitening treatment is not a permanent solution and requires frequent visits every 3 years to maintain white teeth.
How should I maintain white teeth naturally?
To maintain white and beautiful teeth, follow these steps:
- Avoid having stain causing foods and drinks
- Use a straw to drink beverages
- Brush your teeth with recommended fluoride toothpaste
- Eat strawberry and apple to naturally scrub your teeth
- Use mixture of salt and baking soda to brush your teeth every 3 days
- Avoid use of tobacco products
- Avoid drinking alcohol
- Make a regular dental visit for professional dental cleaning
If you have any questions about our services, please contact us today at (203) 281-3700.