Nothing is more miserable than a tooth ache, nor potentially more dangerous to your overall health. As a dentist for over 25 years, Dr. Kaplan realizes the importance of treating a dental emergency promptly. We see emergencies SAME DAY, often within less than a few hours. Please call our office at (203) 281-3700 and we will help you get the care you deserve.
Categorizing dental emergencies
- Dental Trauma – This includes the cracking of a tooth, or a tooth that has been “knocked loose”. It is important that patients are aware of immediate steps that should be taken during dental trauma. Also TMJ issues have become a much more common issue causing dental trauma. Please see more below.
- Tooth Ache from Caries – Dental caries, a form of bacteria, will continue to grow and “eat away” at your tooth. Waiting until “it hurts”, or the pain is intolerable can greatly jeopardize the health and longevity of your teeth.
Addressing the problem as early on as possible will not only decrease the potential pain and tooth loss, but most times this will also decrease the cost associated with the treatment. As with everything with your health- early prevention is the best decision you can make. We encourage you to let us address the problem when it is easiest to fix in the earliest stages.
- Tooth Ache from Gum Infection – Bacterial plaque which develops from food particles collected over the gums surrounding the tooth destroys tissues to expose the root of the tooth to cause chillness and pain when the patient consumes hot or cold food.
- The temporomandibular (tem-puh-roe-man-DIB-u-lur) joint (TMJ) acts like a sliding hinge, connecting your jawbone to your skull. You have one joint on each side of your jaw. TMJ disorders — a type of temporomandibular disorder or TMD — can cause pain in your jaw joint and in the muscles that control jaw movement.
- We have many options available, both at our office for acute care of this issue, as well as referring doctors should the need arise.
If you have any questions about our services, please contact us today at (203) 281-3700.