EMERGENCY DENTISTRY HAMDEN CT
Nothing is more miserable than the discomfort caused to the oral cavity. This disturbs the day life-cycle and takes away peace of mind from an individual. The dental emergency may be caused from caries or from an accident, the consequences are truly painful. An emergency dentist who treats patients on priority during such instances can free them from misery.
Categorizing dental emergencies
- Pain or no pain, dental emergencies can be broadly categorized into the following types depending on the affected area and the cause of the problem.
- Dental Trauma – Includes cracking of tooth and knocked out tooth during an accident. With proper care, one can restore the tooth in few of these instances such as the one where the tooth is knocked out. It is important that patients are aware of immediate steps that should be taken during dental trauma.
- Tooth Ache from Caries – Dental caries, a form of bacterial invasion over teeth, can conquer and destroy the host. The development of caries can cause a toothache in people of all age groups. This dental emergency requires immediate treatment because the infection can spread with time.
- Tooth Ache from Gum Infection – Bacterial plaque which develops from food particles collected over the gums surrounding the tooth destroys tissues to expose the root of the tooth to cause chillness and pain when the patient consumes hot or cold food.
- During all the circumstances mentioned above, the patient has to immediately contact the emergency dentist for treatment. At our dental practice, Dr. Ross A Kaplan and the team are always prepared to treat patients during dental emergencies in Hamden CT. We have an office which is well equipped with all the necessary technological instruments required for emergency dentistry.